All Locations (Portage, Allen Park, Grand Rapids, and Lansing)
If you are looking to work for a company with a great culture, benefits, and growth opportunities, BDN is the place for you. BDN is looking to add motivated individuals to our staff who can fulfill the requirements below.
Conduct air and compliance oversight during asbestos and lead remediation projects. Other duties may include indoor air quality investigations and mold sampling.
A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Experience in any of the following is preferred but not required. BDN will provide training in all areas necisary.
- PROJECT WORK:
Performs air monitoring and compliance oversight during remediation and demolition projects. Completed daily activity logs, air sample collection, and maintain detailed field notes. Creates a comprehensive report that is understood by clients.
- LABORATORY ANALYSIS:
Analysis of all asbestos samples collected during a project by phase contrast microscopy (PCM) via the NIOSH 7400 Method. Mobile laboratories are set up on each site whenever possible, so analysis can take place daily and in real time.
- COMPANY EQUIPMENT:
Each employee will be responsible for calibrating and maintaining the equipment assigned to them.
- WORKING KNOWLEDGE:
The use and operation of health & safety monitoring/testing equipment, including but not limited to gas monitors, air sampling equipment, and personal protective equipment. Ability to read, understand, and utilize blueprints is required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- May be required to stand, walk, climb, etc., in order to perform project tasks.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be capable and willing to wear appropriate personal protective equipment to maintain a safe work environment.
- May vary from outdoor work to inside, depending on the day and project. Occasionally exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
- Frequent construction sites and existing buildings undergoing renovations.
- Exposed to potential hazards from construction sites and equipment, as well as potentially hazardous materials, while collecting samples.
- Travels to multiple project sites.
Education requirements, certifications, work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience or training in this field is preferred but not required
- Strong critical thinking skills required
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Ability to work varied hours depending on the project schedule, etc.
- Ability to pass a medical examination and be medically qualified to wear respiratory protection devices.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated computer experience with business software applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Matching 401K
- Paid Holidays
- BDN Branded Apparel
- Company Cell Phone and Laptop